At Wellington Management you will continually learn, develop, and expand your skills. As part of an inclusive culture, you will meet smart, progressive individuals who will challenge you to solve problems, anticipate our clients’ needs, and enhance our technology platforms.
This is a great opportunity to join a strong, collaborative team in a role focusing on software development with leadership and advancement opportunities. The Software Engineer will join a team of 10-12 systems analysts, software engineers, and QA testers, responsible for the development and maintenance of the vendor portfolio accounting application, Geneva (SS&C/Advent), and integrating with our reference data, investor, and client reporting applications around the firm to provide timely and accurate information to our investment teams and clients.
Our Portfolio Accounting platform serves complex requirements on multiple fronts including:
- A high-volume environment with substantial daily transaction activity
- A wide variety of asset classes across equity, fixed income, and derivatives
- A large number of markets in which we invest around the world
- A global team of investors and relationship managers who need timely data
- A complex technology environment providing real-time integration with many of our investment applications
In this role, you will participate in all development activities to successfully deploy new systems and enhancements, and work with a diverse set of cross-functional teams to design, develop and implement solutions. This individual must be a self-starter with the ability to multi-task and work on a variety of assignments with people at all levels of the organization. We are looking for change agents, creative, innovative and focused on continuous improvements.
- Work with business partners, project managers, and systems analysts to review business requirements, functional specifications, use-cases, and test plans.
- Design, prototype, and code new software components and applications.
- Modify and enhance existing systems to incorporate new functionality and to optimize them for performance and scalability.
- Coordinate with team members to execute test plans and provide support during user acceptance testing.
- Provide production support
- Ensure quality of product by enforcing established architectural/technology standards
- Author technical design and support documentation.
- 3+ years of relevant development and design experience (Financial industry preferred, but not required)
- Experience in relational databasetechnologies like Oracle, MySQL, and Postgres
- Experience with Perl, Python, UNIX/Linux, and Amazon Web Services desirable
- Experience supporting critical production applications
- Self-motivated and willing to work in an energetic, fast paced team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to write technical documentation