Software Engineer (Java / Scala), Big Data Platform
The Data Team within Battle.net builds and maintains a massive Big Data Platform for all of Blizzard Entertainment's games, tools, and operations. As a member of the Data Team, you'll contribute to one of the world's largest and most robust data pipelines to collect global information that powers analytics, operations, discovery, and machine learning throughout Blizzard's products and services. From real-time operational awareness to machine learning systems for epic gameplay experiences- Blizzard is aiming to be a world leader in Big Data.
This position is focused on the development and integration of the Data Platform, primarily using Java/Scala. You'll help build components that glue the pipeline together and integrate with 3rd party and open source systems such as Kafka, Elasticsearch, Spark, and Hadoop. From building micro-services that support the platform's use-cases to creating epic Spark jobs to accomplish streaming/batch goals- you'll work with a team of engineers to plan, develop, and maintain massively scaled systems that handle billions of messages each day.
If you can imagine yourself in the center of the data revolution at the most epic company ever, and you want to help shape the future of Big Data platforms- this may be the job for you!
- 3+ years of experience developing in Java/Scala
- 2+ years of experience working with Big Data technologies (Hadoop, Flume, Spark, Hive, Impala, etc..)
- Strong understanding of scalable and highly concurrent server architecture design
- Experienced with high volume systems (billions/trillions of messages/day)
- Solid understanding of computer science fundamentals, including algorithms, data structures, and design patterns
- Comfortable with systems analysis, design, troubleshooting, and debugging
- Familiar with various forms of testing practices, including regression, acceptance, functional, and load testing
- Great communications skills
- Experience with the Elastic Stack (Elasticsearch, LogStash, Tribes, Kibana, etc)
- Familiar with Maven/SBT
- Linux experience
- Comfortable in another programming language
- A problem-solving addiction (regardless of programming language/platform)
- Passion for technology and gaming