Senior Software Engineer (JAVA) – Fort Belvoir, VA
Job duties to include, but are not limited to the following:
- Coordinate the design and implementation of cloud infrastructure (compute, network, storage) Operations.
- Conduct design and analysis applying a multi-disciplinary approach to deliver next-generation technology and services to cloud platforms.
- Effectively apply relevant knowledge and experience to provide both technical and operational support to new and existing cloud implementation efforts.
- Convey technical and operational considerations orally and in written formats (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint) at various levels of understanding
- Deliver support to both new design and implementation efforts as well as existing, deployed cloud infrastructures and services
Required Skills (include but not limited to):
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field is required
- MUST have an Active DoD Secret Clearance
3+ years professional experience required in the following technical skills:
- Front end development with a modern library such as Angular, React, or Vue. Angular strongly preferred.
- Developing responsive, accessible web applications using HTML5 and CSS3.
- ServiceNow development/administration using the Now platform. Experience with Helsinki or newer release is preferred. Experience migrating apps from the Now platform to the Portal platform is a BONUS
- Code maintenance skills to include use of version control, unit testing, documentation, commenting, and dev-test-prod workflow.
- Troubleshooting and testing skills including use of browser developer tools.
- Experience with DevOps, Continuous Integration, and automated code and style linting.
- Strong background in DoD/Army computing environments and application security requirements.
- Experience developing enterprise-level, cloud hosted web applications.
- Familiarity with DoD terminology and Army organizational structure.
- Experience developing, managing, and/or migrating web applications within the Army environment.
- Experience migrating web applications to a cloud hosting environment.
- Experience developing customer-facing web interfaces and customer service portals.
- Experience working with multiple cloud hosting providers/services.
- Experience in systems administration and/or networking in a data center environment.