This is an exciting opportunity for a strong middle tier Java Software Engineer to work on building enhancements to existing applications and building new applications as part of a large integration project with an enterprise third party application. They will develop more complex innovative business solutions by creating new applications, modifying existing applications and providing post production support. S/he will deliver more complex business application software solutions following the system development life cycle process. The opportunity will provide a strong Software engineer to work with a dynamic team of developers working with in Java environment, with a Spring/Hibernate framework and an Oracle PL/SQL backend.
- Analyzes increasingly complex systems specifications of existing programs to determine requirements.
- Analyzes, designs, codes, debugs, integrates and tests increasingly complex software application solutions for systems in a middle tier Java environment with an Oracle PL/SQL backend
- Communicates effectively with internal stakeholders and management.
- Consults and/or participates in the requirements, design and coding walkthroughs to ensure the development of quality solutions.
- Creates increasingly complex technical specifications from business requirements/business specifications.
- Defines detailed development tasks, task dependencies and estimates to complete work.
- Determines how existing applications, systems, databases, interfaces and/or hardware can interact to meet new and emerging enterprise initiatives.
- Documents increasingly complex programs and procedures.
- Identifies potential application solutions by understanding increasingly complex business/technical problems and opportunities.
- Investigates and resolves increasingly complex problems including providing support for production systems in a timely manner.
- Partners with internal stakeholders to ensure that systems are designed, developed and implemented from a business point of view.
- Prepares and/or generates test data.
- Proactively identifies problems and presents/develops solutions
- Provides input and validates increasingly complex project plans, test plans and implementation plans.
- Researches, develops, implements and maintains increasingly complex business application solutions.
- Tests increasingly complex program changes thoroughly to ensure accuracy.
- 4 Year/Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelor's) in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Information Systems, Information Technology or Computer Engineering or equivalent work experience (Minimum Required)
- 3 - 5+ Years' experience in application development that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities for this position (Required)
- Proven experience with the following primary technologies (3+ years required): Server-Side Java, Spring Boot, Hibernate, Web Services (SOAP/REST)
- Experience in systems development lifecycle and tools
- Experience with data & system integration concepts and standardization
- Knowledge of Insurance and Financial Industry concepts
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong collaboration skills and experience working as part of a software development team
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Possess a solid understanding and experience in the underlying development platforms/programming languages particular to the role