Tapestry Solutions, A Boeing Company, comes with over 30 years of industry experience designing, implementing, training and supporting logistics information systems.
We have over 800 employees worldwide supporting our customers with high-quality, innovative, and cost-effective information technology and business intelligence solutions. Tapestry Solutions supports 85 defense, commercial and government customers from over 50 US locations and nine countries, including multiple forward operating bases in Afghanistan.
Title: Software Engineer IV
Requisition Number: 18-1499
Location: San Diego – CA
Leads and executes activities to develop, document and maintain architectures, requirements, algorithms, interfaces and designs for software systems. Leads and performs development of code and integration of complex software components into a fully functional software system. Provides technical leadership for software projects. Leads development, selection, tailoring and deployment of processes, tools and metrics. Plans, executes and documents software projects throughout the product development lifecycle. Serves as a subject matter expert for software domains, system-specific issues, processes and regulations. May track and evaluate software team to ensure product and process conformance to project plans and industry standards. Uses Agile methodology to execute tasks in support of the project’s integrated masterschedule. Works under minimal direction. Follows and may contribute towards company software standards and processes.
- Leads and performs the development, documentation and maintenance of software architectures in order to meet customer, technical, and/or regulatory requirements, quality objectives, and constraints specific to the applicable domain and available technology. Insures application of best practices using Agile methodology.
- Develops, documents and maintains designs for software consistent with the defined architecture and requirements/regulations by applying established methods and practices. Participates in internal and external design reviews. Conducts trade studies to support implementation of designs to meet project requirements
- May provide or support technical leadership for project management including schedules, plans, and estimates. Scans the horizon to anticipate issues and risks and develops mitigation plans to minimize impact on project performance.Prioritizes tasks and leads reviews. May assist project managers with risk management and progress reviews. May develop corrective action plans.
- Supports the development of software requirements and algorithms. Interacts with System Analysts to defines requirements and external interfaces. Leads software requirements trade studies. May perform software requirements change assessment. Supports requirements team lead in negotiating software interfaces and requirements. Participates in the development of fundamental approaches to projects and requirements for implementation.
- Leads development, maintenance and unit tests for software by utilizing software development environments and programming languages in order to implement design and satisfy allocated requirements. Leads peer reviews on designs and code.
- Leads integration/test efforts of complex systems, applying comprehensive knowledge of system domain areas to resolve complex integration issues. Interacts with QA Testers to develop test cases at both the component/application and system levels.Performs defect investigations. Creates overall integration plans.
- May lead development, selection, tailoring and deployment of processes and tools; and utilizes regulations and industry standards. Leads process reviews.
- Exercises considerable latitude in determining research directions with internal and external organizations. Builds consensus amongst peers and stakeholders on the research directions to achieve approval at Technical Review Boards and Engineering Review Boards.Supports and/or leads proposal efforts for particular domain areas and technology transfers.
- May lead or provide subject matter expertise to other technical and support personnel. Supports issue resolution for specific software systems.
- Mentors and provides guidance to less experienced employees.
- May be client facing engineer who will travel to customer sites directly supporting Company applications.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Typical Education and/or Experience Qualifications:
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 9 or more years' experience, Master's with 7 or more years' experience or PhD with 4 or more years' experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Have the ability to work on a large existing codebase and have additional experience with multi-threaded applications and client-server interoperability preferred
- Java, Spring-based technologies (e.g. Spring Hibernate, Spring DI, Spring Security) preferred
- Databases (e.g., SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL) is preferred
- SOA Architecture using RESTful service preferred
- Knowledge of messaging based architecture (ActiveMQ, Kafka, etc.) is desiredpreferred
Tapestry Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.