The Role in Brief
Software Engineer - Java
Are you focused on success? We are, too. EAB builds software to make students, teachers, staff, and schools more successful. We want them to graduate quicker, advise better, and dream bigger. And we want you to help us. Come tackle technical challenges like designing industry-leading apps, maintaining scale and security, and launching new products. Be part of success.
This role is based in Richmond, VA.
- Work with development managers, product managers and other stakeholders to get clarification on business requirements and then implement solutions including code development and database design.
- Ensure high-quality solutions by implementing unit tests and supporting the creation and design of integration, load and user acceptance tests
- Support operations by identifying, researching and resolving performance and production issues.
- Aid in the development of solutions that support consistent information architecture, taxonomies, visual standards, interaction patterns, and use cases across multiple applications
- Collaborate with Senior and Lead Engineers on designs, documenting technical specifications, and assist in providing development estimates for the implementation of features/fixes in accordance with Agile Development best practices.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field
- 3+ years of professional Java development experience
- 3+ years of professional work experience with HTML or HTML5 and web technologies
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL
- Experience with version control systems (SVN, Git)
- Works well in fast-paced environment and committed to team success
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong work ethic and commitment to continuous improvement
- Attention to detail
- UNIX shell and network expertise
- Experience developing in a server side web development programming language
- Experience with PostgreSQL