Software Engineer (Java Developer)
Less than 5 years experience • Business Services
Have you ever dreamed of going to a job that you love? One that includes working in a place where contributing to the client’s effectiveness, work-life balance, and quality performance are our hallmarks; a place where a collaborative environment will challenge you? Well, you need to look no further - COE is an award-winning workplace with a balanced focus on client, employee, and company. We offer benefits that exceed others and a flexible environment focused on your success.
So, if you are someone who focuses on high quality performance, relishes in achieving meaningful and measurable outcomes for clients, loves to perform with passion, and appreciates support and recognition, then COE is the right place - we are ready to invest in you!
We are seeking a Software Engineer to work with technologies in a fast-paced agile environment. As part of this team, you'll develop capabilities for applications that directly impact the COE customer experience. The ideal candidate will be skilled and passionate about technologies, curious and eager to learn new things, and work well individually and as part of an agile team. The primary work location shall be in Chantilly, Virginia with occasional travel to Washington DC and Rockville Maryland.
Must be able to be cleared at the public trust level and eventually a Secret clearance.
Your role will initially include, but will not be limited to the following:
- Design & develop capabilities for applications
- Implement and follow architectural design patterns and best practices
- Do what it takes to deliver on our commitments, including analysis, testing and documentation
- Contribute to ongoing maintenance and bug fixes as needed
- Effectively communicate with technology teams and senior management
- Embrace and promote principles of Agile development, Continuous Integration/Delivery, and DevOps
Experience and Skills
- US citizenship required.
- Must be able to achieve a clearance.
- 2+ years of development experience
- BS/BA in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Strong working knowledge of Java, RESTful Web Services (using frameworks such as Spring).
- Experience working with query language (SQL, PL/SQL etc.) with Oracle 10g, 11g.
- Ability to thrive on a collaborative, cross-functional and self-organizing team.
COE has been awarded the prestigious "When Work Works" award every year from 2013-2017 in recognition of our engaging corporate culture and strong employee benefits!
We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits to meet the personal and family needs of our employees. The following information is a brief summary of these benefits and may be subject to change.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Basic Life, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Voluntary Group Term Life and Accidental Death Benefit
- Employer-Paid Professional Development
- Educational Assistance
- Performance Incentive Bonus Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401(k) Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Smart Benefits®
- Parking Assistance Policy
- Floating Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Parental Leave
Job Tracking ID: 513000-593872