The Boeing Company is currently seeking a Software Engineer 3 with a minimum bachelors degree and 5 years experience to join a multi-person project team. (Please see Typical Education/Experience section). This individual will be assisting with the development and maintenance of complex, multi-tiered application software systems used to support the command and control of space vehicles. This team member works under general supervision to complete assigned software development task. The employee participates in all phases of softwareengineering, including requirements analysis, algorithm design, coding, integration, test and documentation. Additionalresponsibilitiesinclude but are not limited to the following:
- Develops and maintains Java and/or C# code and integrates software components into a fully functional software system.
- Develops design documentation prior to coding, and user training documentation for delivery with the finished product
- Develops and executes software test procedures
- Adheres to team development standards for software processes, tools and metrics
- Participates in multiple application development specialties, including graphical user interface development, mathematical and logical algorithm development, and database structure design
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Space and Missile Systems
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 5 or more years' experience, Master's degree with 3 or more years' experience or PhD degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
- Knowledge of object-oriented analysis and design methods, with coding experience in Java or C# (C++ experience will also be considered)
- Must be able to integrate software components into a fully functional software system
- Must be able to write test procedures and document test results to ensure software system requirements are met
- Must have experience developing and maintaining documentation of architecture designs, requirements, algorithms and user interfaces for software systems.
**This position requires an active (or active within the last 24 months) Top Secret/SCI clearance with an SSBI within the last five (5) years. Position may require the employee sit for a CI polygraph with a favorable result.
(Note: If you held a security clearance within the last two years, your clearance is considered current/active).
Position is contingent on clearance verification and customer concurrence. **
This position requires an active (or ability to obtain) U.S. Security Clearance, for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
- Experience with Linux or any Unix-based operating system
- Knowledge and experience with J2EE-based architectures and web services
- Experience with relational database systems, especially Oracle
- Experience with SQL and relational table design
- Experience developing GUI applications or components
- Experience developing C# code within the .NET framework using the Visual Studio development environment
- Experience with the Eclipse software development environment
- Experience with the Subversion configuration management system
- Experience with Atlassian development tools.
- Current polygraph.
Job ID 1700012325