"I feel the need…the need for speed!" If you like the movie "Top Gun", you will love the Rockwell Collins Test and Training Instrumentation (T&TI) Engineering Department, and the opportunities we have for you to develop our military’s future Air Combat Training (ACT) system with us.
Rockwell Collins (NYSE: COL) is a pioneer in the development and deployment of innovative communication solutions for government applications. The T&TI Engineering Department develops state-of-the-art test and training range products for cryptographic, datalink, networking, and command and control applications. We specialize in the development of high quality, highly secure training solutions for the U.S. military, laying the foundation for Live Virtual Constructive (LVC) capabilities. T&TI Engineering is responsible for all product line and engineering tasks related to the design, analysis, test and certification of ACT systems (just like Top Gun), maturing products from concept phase through accreditation and factory production.
The T&TI Software Development Engineering team is looking for a dynamic Software Engineer. The candidate will be a participant on a software development team with the responsibility of developing Enterprise software from design through software unit test. The candidate may interpret software requirements and translate these artifacts into well-formed software design. The candidate will participate as a member of the software team creating the software design utilizing both written descriptions and Unified Modeling Language diagrams. Further, the candidate may be expected to make design trade-offs and defend design decisions. The candidate will produce high quality code reflective of the design and fulfilling the requirements through adherence to a well-defined software process and by following stringent coding standards.
*Bachelor’s degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline
* U.S. Citizenship
* Candidate must hold a current U.S. DoD SECRET Security Clearance or be eligible to obtain a U.S. DoD SECRET Security Clearance.
* Software development experience utilizing Java
* Adaptable to change, enjoys learning new technologies, and contributes to a positive work environment
* Solid written and verbal communications skills and the ability to work well with others in a professional team environment
* Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks while balancing priorities and schedules
* Motivated self-starter with strong analytical skills
* JavaFX, Eclipse, and Rich Client Platform (RCP/RAP) experience
* Graphical User Interface (GUI) design experience
* Application development using Web-based technologies and frameworks, client side and server side (DHTML, HTML5, CSS, Ajax)
* XML suite
* UML, Enterprise Architect experience
* OOA/D architectures and design patterns experience
* Multi-threaded / scalable applications experience
* Understanding of IP based application software
* Linux development experience
*Experience following a well-defined software development process
* Configuration management tools and processes experience
Job ID: 8231