Are you looking for an opportunity to be part of a development team that supports custom development and bug fixes for newer technologies? If so, this position could be for you! Jack Henry is seeking a Software Engineer for their Springfield, MO location. This environment handles development for products developed by the User Interface Development team. In this role, candidates will be working on a small 4 person team that fixes bug related issues found by clients in the different products written by the UI team. This is an excellent opportunity for a recent college graduate or candidates with some programming experience to gain knowledge of several newer technologies and grow their career into a seasoned Software Engineer with full custom development. Technologies used in this group range include; C#, .net, WPF, TFS, Web Services and Agile methodology. Candidates will have full exposure to all phases of the development cycle from concept to design, to testing, release and implementation.
Jack Henry offers a great working culture, competitive benefits package and great career advancement!
- 18months of technical experience in software development using C#, C++ or Java in a professional and/or educational environment.
- Able to work extended hours as business needs dictate.
- Occasional overnight travelrequired.
- Bachelor’s degree in software engineering, information systems or computer science.
- C#, Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), Team Foundation Server (TFS), Design Patterns (MVVM), Prism, Web Services, Agile Development Methodologies.
- Completes product technical design and prototyping, software development, bug verification and resolution.
- Performs system analysis and programming activities which may require research.
- Provides technical/engineering support for new and existing applications from code delivery until the retirement of the application.
- Provides reasonable task and project effort estimates.
- Ensures timely, effective, and quality delivery of software into production.
- Develops and tests applications based on business requirements and industry best practices.
- Creates required technical documentation.
- Adheres to documented departmental and corporate standards.
- Collaboratively works with QA team to ensure timely delivery of high-quality products.
- Collaboratively works with customer support team to resolve or diagnose defects.