Omnicell has an opening for a Software Engineer IV to join our Software Engineering Team located in Cranberry Township, PA. We are focused on making a difference in healthcare and developing solutions that will help shape the future of medication management. Our team thrives on the spirit of innovation and is dedicated to solving our customer's most pressing needs. We are looking for an enthusiastic, experienced team-oriented Software Engineer who has a passion for data and creating insightful analytics so that we can transform healthcare in the US.
As a Performance Center team member, you will work hard with a team of engineers on our cloud data platform that streams data from a variety of healthcare software and hardware systems in real-time to create transformational recommendations for our customers. Our solutions help to drive improved financial performance, compliance, and better patient outcomes. Each day you will make an impact.
- Develop custom batch-oriented and real-time streaming data pipelines working within the MapReduce ecosystem, migrating flows from ELT to ETL
- Ensure proper data governance policies are followed by implementing or validating data lineage, quality checks, classification, etc .
- Act in a technical leadership capacity: Mentor junior engineers and new team members, and apply technical expertise to challenging programming and design problems
- Resolve defects/bugs during QA testing, pre-production, production, and post-release patches
- Possess a quality mindset, squash bugs with a passion, and work hard to prevent them in the first place through unit testing, test-driven development, version control, continuous integration, and deployment.
- Conduct design and code reviews
- Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of various system resources
- Contribute to the design and architecture of the project
- Operate within Agile Development environment and apply the methodologies
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Proficient understanding of distributed computing principles
- Good knowledge of Big Data querying tools, such as Pig or Hive
- Good understanding of Lambda Architecture, along with its advantages and drawbacks
- Proficiency with MapReduce, HDFS
- Ability to solve any ongoing issues with operating the cluster
- Ability to lead change, be bold, and have the ability to innovate and challenge the status quo
- Passionate about solving customer problems and develop solutions that result in a passionate customer/community following
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering/IT/Computer Science
- 6+ years' experience in software engineering
- 2+ years experience: developing ETL processing flows using MapReduce technologies like Spark and Hadoop
- In Software Design
- 1+ years' experience: developing with ingestion and clustering frameworks such as Kafka, Zookeeper, YARN
- building stream using Spark-Streaming
- with various messaging systems, such as Kafka or RabbitMQ
- Experience with integration of data from multiple data sources
- Experience leading projects or teams
- Master Degree in Engineering/IT/Computer Science
- 8+ years' experience in software engineering
- 1+ years' experience with:DataBricks and Spark
- NoSQL databases, such as HBase, Cassandra, MongoDB
- Big Data ML toolkits, such as Mahout, SparkML, or H2O
- 2+ years' experience with Scala or Java Language as it relates to product development.
- Management of Spark or Hadoop clusters, with all included services
- Experience Service Oriented Architecture ( SOA) /microservices
- Demonstrable advanced knowledge of data architectures, data pipelines, real-time processing, streaming, networking, and security