Allergan plc (NYSE: AGN) is a bold, global pharmaceutical company and a leader in a new industry model - Growth Pharma. Allergan is focused on developing, manufacturing and commercializing branded pharmaceutical, device, biologic, surgical and regenerative medicine products for patients around the world.
Allergan markets a portfolio of leading brands and best-in-class products for the central nervous system, eye care, medical aesthetics and dermatology, gastroenterology, women's health, urology and anti-infective therapeutic categories. With commercial operations in approximately 100 countries, Allergan is committed to working with physicians, healthcare providers and patients to deliver innovative and meaningful treatments that help people around the world live longer, healthier lives every day.
Allergan is a company that will inspire you to aim high with your ambition. Where you can build bridges all over the world. Where you can power ideas that drive change. And where you will act fast and drive results for customers and patients. Power your future & join our bold team.
The qualified candidate will work on developing and testing medical device software, including system and subsystem level tools, and troubleshooting device-based issues, executing protocols, and deployment of in-house tools.
Main Areas of Responsibilities
- Implement fully automated software tools using C# for testing machines that have embedded firmware/hardware/software on the devices.
- Develop medical device test software for manufacturing and troubleshoot software anomalies.
- Coordinate between various groups to ensure software and testing meets all requirements.
- Identify and evaluate software risks and risk mitigations.
- Write regression and user-interface test cases.
- Develop understanding of user workflow to create software, document, and execute test plans.
- The Software Developer must quickly become expert on system functionality and that of various peripheral devices as well as the requirements that drove system design.
- May be asked to create software and tests for ad hoc situations such as replicating field-reported problems or load testing under specific conditions.
- Responsible for deployment of solutions and build across environments and resolving production issues.
- Implement best practices by designing, developing, testing, document, and deploying high quality and maintainable technical solutions.
- Independently or with minimal guidance create software and test environments that mirror a multitude of installed baselines.
- Implement automation software and test processes on projects, write test plans/cases, procedures and scripts, and analyzes test results.
- Ensure all systems are running according to necessary requirements and specifications and operate within regulations to ensure the production of quality products.
- Establish validation standards and develop testing protocols.
- Prepare validation and performance qualification protocols for new and/or modified processes, systems and equipment for medical devices.
- Author technical documents (protocols, reports, standard operating procedures) to comply with regulatory requirements.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills is a must.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Must work well in a team environment, be highly motivated, and willing to learn new skills.
- Good communications and documentation skills, including experience in writing SOPs, work instructions, training and other relevant documentation.
- Experience working with manufacturing, development and production teams or groups.
- Previous experience with testing in a medical device manufacturing environment subject to FDA compliance is a plus.
- Minimum 5 plus years' experience in software development and testing of embedded medical devices.
- Experience with embedded development in a cross functional environment, including Systems and / or Electrical engineer(s).
- Ability to author good engineering documentation.
- Knowledge of interface with FPGA, PCIe devices and ST Link, Bootloader.
- Knowledge of communication protocols: SPI, I2C, TCP, USB Experience with hardware control and device troubleshooting.
- Must have sufficient software/ hardware experience to build and configure workstations, understand the subsystems and their interactions in an overall system.
- Programming languages C# (knowledge of scripting language is a value-add Perl, batch, PowerShell).
- Experience with Windows10 and exposure to WinCE based devices.
- Proficient with the characterization of software anomalies.
- Experienced in software verification and validation strategies.
- BS or higher in a STEM discipline with 5 plus years of professional coding experience.