SAIC is seeking a Software Developer to join our team supporting a major state & local government customer. The Software Developer is responsible for working with the vendor to set up the software for the Digital Fuel system that will be the IT financial management system for the overall MSI for IT services. Essential duties of this position include:
- Shadow Digital Fuel Technical consultant for knowledge transfer
- Analyze user requirements, writing and testing code, redefining and rewriting as necessary
- Execute technical development of IT financial management system
This position ensures that the requirements for the IT financial management system are properly configured and the software is set up properly. You will be shadowing the vendor technical consultant to take over building all configurations. This position offers the chance to improve the speed, efficiency, and reporting capability of IT services. The Software Developer will also play a key role in representing current and future capabilities of supporting ITSM tools, and contributing to long-term strategy.
Background / Experience
- Collaborate with VITA to identify, document and communicate technical requirements.
- Communicate effectively with all team members, stakeholders and project sponsors on technical and non- technical topics.
- Plan, elicit, capture, analyze and validate technical requirements.
- Provide technical expertise in the development of software design, including user stories, business process documentation, workflow charts, diagrams, data migration rules, business rules, wireframes, or other detailed deliverables.
- Participate in requirements elicitation sessions and walkthroughs with business and IT resources.
- Strive toward continual optimization across processes using technology to solve issues and increase efficiency.
- Plan and execute technical testing and UAT for projects and enhancements.
- Collaborate with end users on developing comprehensive test cases.
- Produce timely and high quality requirements-related work products, including requirement specifications.
- Answer questions and clarify requirements for projects and enhancements during sprints.
- Evolve into a subject-matter expert who can easily liaise between IT and other organizations.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.
Required Education & Experience
- Candidate must possess a Bachelor’s Degree and 5+ years of experience; Masters and 3+ years of experience, PHD and 0 years of experience.
- HS Diploma, GED or Equivalent will be considered with 4+ years in addition to minimum requirement in lieu of degree.
- Candidate should have previous experience in the implementation, configuration, and ongoing support of ITFM software in an enterprise environment with priority being given to Digital Fuel or Apptio solutions.
- Candidate should have experience in Test phase of implementation of SaaS enterprise applications.
- Candidate should have Database experience
- At least 5 years experience in a technical environment translating customer requirements and building software configurations
- Commands respect for knowledge, experience and excellence within the specific technical area
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Candidate must have flexibility to accommodate time-sensitive and mission-critical work.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) applications and common office software applications.
- Hands-on technical experience
- Experience building databases and configurations
- Experience or knowledge with Oracle SQL
- Experience working in an agile framework such as scrum teams
- Experience with extreme programming and test driven development.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong MS Office skills
- Ability to interpret customer technical requirements and recommend efficiency improvements that fit within the software platform
- Demonstrated self-starter; strong initiative
- Ability to manage and focus on multiple tasks and changing priorities
- Technical writing experience
- QA / QC background
- Ability to understand technical constraints
- Experience or familiarity with Digital Fuel or Apptio
- Experience or familiarity with ServiceNow
- Position is located in Richmond, VA.
- ITIL Foundation Certification or higher, preferred.
Security Clearance Requirement
- US Citizen who must be able to pass a Commonwealth of Virginia background check.