We are currently in need of a Software Engineer to develop and support software solutions, collaborating cross-functionally and globally. In this role you will have the opportunity to contribute to building features and components of software systems. You will also ensure that features and components meet customer specifications and adhere to department standards, policies, and procedures. Effective communication is therefore a must.
Required Skills & Experience
- 2-5 years' software development experience on large scale systems using Object-Oriented Design principles and preferably C++.
- Experience building enterprise class, multi-process, fault tolerant load balanced and multi-tiered systems.
- Software Development Life-Cycle.
- Experience developing software in a Linux environment, including writing and modifying shell scripts.
- Experience with continuous integration, static code analysis, branching and versioning
- Strong diagnostic and analytical skills, including the ability to complete tasks in a timely manner while producing quality work
- Bachelor's Degree
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience with Agile methodology and Scrum or other Agile processes
- Experience implementing and sustaining mission critical enterprise systems.
- GUI Motif application experience
- Oracle and SQL Database modeling and interaction
- Experience in Enterprise Messaging Systems e.g. IBM MQ/AMQ
- Experience in writing multi-threaded Java application
- Experience with the Electron application framework
- Experience using and Integrated Development Environment (IDE) e.g. Eclipse, Visual Studios, Visual Studios Code
- Experience in using a step-debugger
- Experience Rational Team Concert (RTC), Git