Who We Are
The Cisco IoT business group is a global leader in IoT. Our IoT software and hardware portfolio includes IoT gateways, industrial switching, routing & wireless solutions, edge and data management platforms, and more. With these, we are positioned to accelerate IoT growth on a global scale – for ourselves, our partners and our customers.
Businesses across industries recognize that Digitization is the foundation to deliver better customer experiences, drive growth and increase productivity. IoT is the foundational technology platform to enable Digitization. Cisco is a pioneer in IoT and we enable our customers and partners for business transformation. The Cisco IoT organization also enables enterprises and service providers to automate the connectivity and management of their connected devices to the internet through the Cisco Jasper Control Center software and appliances.
What You'll Do
Your role will be a Software Engineer and you will be part of a cutting-edge technology team who is driving Cisco's connected automotive innovation.
Opportunity to work with industry standard technologies and contribute to the connected automotive community.
Participate on a project team of engineers involved in the development of software for our connected automotive project. Day to day activities will involve understanding features and requirements and proposing solutions that work for our platform, writing functional and design specifications, programming, unit and integration testing your code, helping review specifications and code for other software engineers in the team, working in close contact with partners and customer representatives.
Who You'll Work With
Connected automotive software team is a new team driving innovation at Cisco. Engineers in this team are highly passionate and want to make a big difference in this industry.
Who You Are
· Deeply motivated, passionate about learning and contributing to the team and the business with "can do" attitude
· Flawless L2-7 security concepts and fundamentals is necessary. Basic knowledge of L2-L4 networking.
· Strong embedded software design/programming skills.
· Hands on experience working on Ethernet, TCP/IP protocols, firewalls and proxies
· Experience with board bring-up, secure boot and RTOS concepts
· Dedication to Quality: Ability to ensure and commit to a higher standard of quality than usual in the face of time to market pressures
· Ability to handle multiple tasks at once and work independently with minimal managerial guidance
· Typically requires MSEE/CS combined with 3-5 years of related experience or BSEE/CS combined with 5-7+ years of experience
· Hands on experience with automotive and embedded software on resource constrained platforms. Good understanding of the process and tools used in this space
· Hands on experience with security software (L2-L7).
· Hands on experience with container-based platforms and virtualization
· Working knowledge of cloud-based platforms and web-based technologies (AWS/Azure, REST, etc.). Hands-on experience a plus.
· C/C++ and Python.
· Rapid prototyping, Agile and CI/CD development
· Passion and experience in designing, developing and delivering complex systems. Possess excellent debugging and problem-solving techniques
· Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to work cross-functionally
· Ambitious, strong sense of ownership, great teammate
· Hands on experience working with embedded real-time systems, in particular AGL, QNX and SafeRTOS.
· Experience with AUTOSAR and Adaptive-AUTOSAR
· Basic knowledge and experience with legacy in-vehicle networking protocols (CAN, LIN, FlexRay)
· Hands on experience with networking software.
· Knowledge of and familiarity with Cisco security products. Basic knowledge of Cisco networking products is a plus.
· Model-based security management (RESTCONF/NETCONF, YANG, etc.)
· React/Vue.js front-end framework
· Open to continuous learning and committed to ongoing self-improvement, ready to acquire new knowledge and take the responsibility outside your comfort zone.
· Initiate and participate in organizational efforts to improve overall group productivity and test effectiveness
Valid Through: 2019-11-12