Hexagon Safety & Infrastructure provides mission-critical and business-critical solutions to governments and service providers. A global leader, proven innovator, and trusted partner, our software and industry expertise help improve the lives of millions of people through safer communities, better public services, and more reliable infrastructure. Visit hexagonsafetyinfrastructure.com.
Hexagon Safety & Infrastructure is part of Hexagon, a leading global provider of information technologies that drive quality and productivity improvements across geospatial and industrial enterprise applications.
Hexagon’s solutions integrate sensors, software, domain knowledge and customer workflows into intelligent information ecosystems that deliver actionable information, automate business processes and improve productivity. They are used in a broad range of vital industries.
Hexagon (Nasdaq Stockholm: HEXA B) has more than 18,000 employees in 50 countries and net sales of approximately 3.1bn USD. Learn more at hexagon.com.
The Software Engineer will be responsible for product development, customization and implementation of the Hexagon’s Records Management Systems (RMS) product suite. Hexagon Safety & Infrastructure is looking for a talented professional to plan and execute complex software assignments with an emphasis on the design, web development and maintenance of Hexagon’s RMS product suite. Assignments may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Work as an AgileScrum team member developing advanced algorithms and enhancements
- Work with stakeholders to evaluate designs and solutions
- Participate in product improvements from brainstorming and conception through product delivery
- Define and manage best practices for applications interfacing to databases, particularly regarding performance and scalability for thousands of users and terabytes of data
- Perform programming in C#, XML/XSLT, SQL, PL/SQL, WPF, SOA, Web Services
- Perform problem analysis and software corrections
- Leverage and increase unit and integration tests
- Supports the product documentation such as design documents, test plans, programmer’s guides, and software maintenance manuals
- Work with internal groups to evaluate customer problems and develop solutions to problems
- Apply full understanding of programming and software principles, theories, and concepts along with independent judgment to the assignments including assessment of impacts on other areas of the product
- A completed Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university (ABET program accreditation preferred) in Computer Science, Software Engineering or other related technical field is required. Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline preferred
- USA Citizen or permanent resident required
- 5+ Years of development experience on progressively more complex projects
- Experience with Oracle or SQL Server is required
- Prior work experience with web applications, web server software, XSLT transforms is a plus
- Prior knowledge of Law Enforcement work, and other Records Management systems for police records is desired
- Individual must be self-motivated, productive, and hard working
- Experience in providing high quality solutions following the best coding standards, should be practicing Pattern oriented approach. Should be well versed with code-refactoring techniques, unit testing tools
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work with teams across geographical regions
- Good understanding and practice agile development methodology for software development
Req# ID 2018-3911