At Tableau, our mission is to help people see and understand their data. The Interactive Analytics team works on tools that "wow" new users when they first see how easy Tableau makes it to visually explore their data. But not only do our features impress our new users, they continue to excite our most experienced power users.
Does working on providing great analytics tools that impress everyone from novice users to experts sound exciting? Then the Tableau Interactive Analytics team has a great opportunity for you.
Some of the things we'll be doing…
- Innovating in our core technologies to allow Tableau users to see, understand, and explore their data in new and interesting ways.
- Working as a team adding new features, refactoring existing code to support development, maintaining and improving code quality and functionality.
- Coding in and learning multiple technologies across our highly integrated suite of desktop, server, and cloud solutions, including C++, Java, C#, React, TypeScript, CSS, HTML, etc.
- Creating and contributing in a highly collaborative and diverse environment.
- Engaging with our customers to learn about their pain points and needs.
- Working with designers, product owners, peer developers and testers in a collaborative environment where all suggestions are welcomed and all ideas thoughtfully considered.
How you can contribute...
- You're Experienced. You have more than 2 years professional experience using an object-oriented language such as C++, C#, or Java. A working knowledge of web development is a plus.
- You're Customer Focused. You measure success in terms of happy users. You want to learn about customers, and find satisfaction in shipping quality products that will delight them.
- You're Passionate. You love to write maintainable and understandable high-quality code and are driven by solving complex problems. You write tests for your code to maintain quality. You love to develop products that "just work" and are also robust, scalable, and perform well.
- You're Pragmatic. You are passionate about high-quality software, but also recognize there are trade-offs required to ship software products and can make recommendations on tough calls.
- You're a Team Player. You enjoy collaborating with, learning from, and teaching others so we all become better. You enjoy working in a diverse environment. You assume good intent in others and actively do your part to create a positive work environment.