Polaris Alpha has an opening for a passionate and innovative Software Engineer who has a strong background in software engineering to join our Analysis & Machine Intelligence team. The AMI group focuses on developing state-of-the-art pattern learning, predictive analysis, and hypothesis management solutions in support of various R&D and national security customers.
Tasks will focus on the development and enhancement of Java & Scala based pattern of life and anomaly detection applications utilizing technologies such as Apache Spark in support of operational Space Situational Awareness systems.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, or similar discipline with minimum of 3 years relevant work experience
• Excellent programming and communication skills
• Experience with Java and/or Scala programming languages
• Experience with web service technologies (SOAP, REST, XML, JSON, HTTP, etc.)
• Experience using Software Configuration Management Tools (Hg, Git, Gradle, Maven, etc.)
• A self-starter who is able to be highly productive with minimal supervision
This position requires the selected candidate to hold an activeDepartment of Defense TS/SCI levelsecurity clearance which requires US citizenship while working in support of a governmentcontract.
• Familiarity with Linux OS, including basic system admin
• Experience working with relational databases and SQL
• Experience with application server deployment and runtime environment (JBoss, WildFly)
• Familiarity with Cloud-based micro-service architectures
• Experience with Intelligence Community, DoD, and/or Space Systems.