Polaris Alpha was formed in 2016 through the merger of EOIR Technologies, Intelligent Software Solutions (ISS), PROTEUS Technologies and Intelesys. The Company has approximately 1,200 employees with major offices in Colorado Springs, CO, Fredericksburg, VA, Annapolis Junction, MD, Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD, and Alexandria, VA as well as customer sites both domestically and internationally. We’re passionate about developing cutting-edge, creative solutions, and fostering a highly sought-out place of employment for many of the brightest minds in the industry. We are the best because we hire the best.
We are a one-of-a-kind mid-tier government contractor provides leading-edge capabilities to three emerging warfighter domains critical to the future of national security: space, cyber, and the electromagnetic spectrum. At Polaris Alpha, we have developed a culture of going above and beyond the normal expectations in the delivery of our work. Our clients and employees are the number one reason why we’re successful, and that formula won’t be changing!
Polaris Alpha (EOIR Technologies) is seeking a Software Engineer to participate in on-going radar research and development (R&D) efforts at one of the Army’s R&D Centers of Excellence.
As a member of the Polaris Alpha team, the Software Engineer/Developer will have opportunities to influence the next generation of radar systems and signal / data processing technologies applied to radar systems. The candidate will support the research, design, test, and development of algorithms and techniques to improve and advance characterization and compilation of tracker results, and image processing in radar technologies and systems. Perform research and development to produce new designs and solutions for use in current and future products. Provide analytical support of image processing system performance.
• Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Electronics Engineering, or other Engineering or Technical discipline
• 3-5 years’ in the design, development, and implementation of software systems such as application software, utility software, development software, and diagnostic software
• Experience in the design, develop, and test of software algorithms, applications and components
• Experience with developing and implementing custom software algorithms and applications in combination with COTS and GOTS software applications
• Experience with coding interface messaging software components
• Experience developing Digital Signal or Image Processing algorithms
• Excellent communications, problem-solving and coordination skills
• This position requires the selected candidate to hold (or to be able to obtain) an active Department of Defense TS/SCI level security clearance, which requires US citizenship while working in support of a government contract.