Polaris Alpha develops innovative solutions to the most significant challenges affecting our Nation's ability to collect, utilize, and defend digital information. We’re passionate about developing cutting-edge, creative solutions, and fostering a highly sought-out place of employment for many of the brightest minds in the industry. We are the best because we hire the best. At Polaris Alpha, we have developed a culture of going above and beyond the normal expectations in the delivery of our work. Our clients and employees are the number one reason why we’re successful, and that formula won’t be changing!
Polaris is conducting a search for a Software Developer to join our Cybersecurity Operations team building mission-critical and innovative capabilities. This Software Engineer will be working with a small team designing and developing software prototype systems.
• At least 8 years of general experience in computer science, computer engineering, mathematics, or a related discipline, including at least five years of experience in software-intensive projects and programs for government or industry customers.
• At least three years of the experience as a software engineer supporting software architecture development, requirement analysis, process execution and evaluation, selection and evaluation of COTS/GOTS tools, and integration (with both new and existing systems).
• Understanding of how UIS code works and how analysts use UIS.
• Knowledge of XML structure, XML parsers, SQL and Perl.
• Document via wiki, JIRA and whitepapers
• Apply development skills in Java threading/thread pooling, RMI, character set encoding, swing, JDBC, JMS, J2EE, Enterprise Java Beans, Web Logic, Servlets, and JSP.
TS/SCI Full Scope Poly required
• Proficiency in the software development process including requirements analysis, software design, implementation, testing and integration using C, C++, Java, XML, Modern Web frameworks, Web services.
• Deep knowledge of networking including systems security principles, protocols, routers and switches, IP routing, including the related software development process and cyber defense countermeasures.
• Proficient in operation of a Linux (RHEL, CENTOS ) system including the ability to use standard command line tools and configure networking interfaces including creating/modifying iptables rules.
• Understanding of operational needs and challenges posed by cyber threat activity as well as the technological capabilities and limitations that the current and future systems provide.
• Ability to develop next generation of countermeasure capabilities to provide mitigations across numerous platforms
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Normal office setting, therefore the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking. Use of hands to operate computer equipment. Frequent near vision use for reading and computer use.