Polaris Alpha develops innovative solutions to the most significant challenges affecting our Nation's ability to collect, utilize, and defend digital information. We’re passionate about developing cutting-edge, creative solutions, and fostering a highly sought-out place of employment for many of the brightest minds in the industry. We are the best because we hire the best. At Polaris Alpha, we have developed a culture of going above and beyond the normal expectations in the delivery of our work. Our clients and employees are the number one reason why we’re successful, and that formula won’t be changing!
Polaris is conducting a search for a Cloud Software Engineer to join our Computer Defense team to help us identifythreats and defendnetworks in real-time. In this role, you will work directly in an operations organization on a small tight-knit team identifying data and collection sources and developing computernetwork defense analytics. Do you love hunt operations and love the pursuit of adversaries? Do you like correlatingnetwork traffic with host data?Are you a fan of Splunk. Together, they make for a mean recipe for defense. This is an exciting time to push the envelope and stop bad people in their tracks.
• Four years of general experience in software development/engineering, computer science, computer engineering, mathematics, or a related discipline.
• One year of experience developing software with high level languages, such as Java
• One year of experience with the Map Reduce programming model, the Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS), and technologies such as Hadoop, Hive, etc.
• Demonstrated work or academic experience with distributed scalable Big Data Store (NoSQL) such as HBase, Cloud Base/Accumulate, Big Table, etc.
• Demonstrated work or academic experience with Source Code Management (e.g. Git, Stash, or Subversion, etc.)
• Demonstrated verbal and written communications skills.
TS/SCI Full Scope Polyrequired
• Computer Network Defense Monitoring and Intrusion Analysis, using various IDS, such as Bro and Snort.
• Knowledge of host-based Computer Defense/Analysis, using Sysinternals, Event log analysis, and collection tools such as Google Rapid Response.
• Experience with memory analysis tools such as Volatility.
• Knowledge of Computer Networking
• Knowledge of Windows Server/Workstation Artifacts: Logs, Registry, and Filesystem, i.e Windows 7 through Windows 10, Windows Server 2003 – Windows Server 2012.
• Knowledge of scripting to help automate analysis and processing, e.g. bash, batch, in-line Python or Perl
• Ability to work well on a team and adapt skills to accomplish tasks and document findings
• Knowledge of analytic frameworks such as Splunk
• Security+ certification and Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) certification
• A Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, mathematics or a related discipline may be substituted for four years of general experience.