Join us as we work to create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our Integration Platform team, within our Platform Services Engineering organization. In Integration Platform, we enable providers to deliver safe care to patients when transitioning between health systems. But enough about us; let’s talk about you.
You are a developer with experience building full stack web applications, preferably in public and private cloud environments. You are an excellent communicator that is capable of quickly picking up the complicated healthcare space.
As an engineer on Integration Platform team, you will have the opportunity to work on product components and workflows that enable the business processes, technical processes, and user workflows required to enable seamless access to patient data at critical moments in the client life cycle.
You are a tenacious, but nimble learner, who demonstrates design & engineering excellence.
The Team: This team enables the safe, correct bulk movement of millions of patients’ health data. You will build enterprise quality web applications, with a focus on stability at scale.
- Deliver customer value in the form of high-quality software components and services in adherence with policies on Security, performance, longevity and Integration testing
- Write, debug, and deploy code to production; deliver timely fixes
- Produce accurate, unambiguous technical design specifications to the low-level details.
- Contribute to agile ceremonies; scrum meetings i.e. daily stand-up, sprint planning, readouts and retrospectives. Also participate in improving team performance
- Perform peer code reviews to ensure quality standards. Understand and follow coding conventions, architectures, and best practices. Assist more junior developers.
- 2-4 years of full stack software engineering experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Proficient in at least one modern programming language (Java, C++, Perl, Python, etc.)
- Solid relational databases, RDBMSs like Oracle, experience with SQL
- Familiarity with Unix/Linux, exposure to object-oriented OOD OOA
- Any Agile experience or CI/CD concepts is helpful
- Our Vision: To create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
- Our Location: This role is based in Watertown, MA, just a few miles outside of Boston. Watertown is our Global Headquarters and our campus, the Arsenal on the Charles, is home to a number of restaurants, a local gym and large outdoor space. This office also has a cafeteria, coffee café and food trucks that rotate every day.
- Our Culture: At athenahealth, our employees (or “athenistas”) are committed to making healthcare smarter. Our success is dependent on the diversity, collective spirit, and contributions of our people, clients and partners. We value teamwork and believe that the strength of our team comes from supporting each other and leveraging our specialized skills. If you are looking for company that will enable you to work outside of your comfort zone to transform the healthcare ecosystem, athenahealth is the place for you.
- Our Perks: Along with health & financial benefits, our athenistas are offered a variety of perks that promote employee wellbeing such as commuter support, collaborative workspaces and dog-friendly offices - just to name a few.