The Infrastructure Software Engineer will be at the forefront of architecture, design and implementation of Versa’s high-performance platform and forwarding software. This individual will be part of a team developing high-performance packet processing capabilities on the new compute platform’s. You will be part of, and work closely with a team of outstanding software & system test engineers. The candidate must have experience with developing software for industry leading L2-L3 programmable chips, multi- core architecture, network interfaces, platform bringup and be able to develop best practices and guidelines for such applications.
The candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent field of study.
5-10 years of software development in networking embedded field.
Roles And Responsibilities
- Design and develop software for L2-L7 platforms
- Design and develop software for real-time network applications on a multi-core architecture.
- Bring up of new interfaces and platforms.
- Work with a team of other Datapath Engineers to design and develop real time, high performance, multi-threaded data plane on a multi-core platform.
- Work on challenging problems that have yet to be solved.
- Prior experience working with one or more of industry leading switching platforms is a must (Broadcom Trident family and/or Marvell Prestera family).
- Preferable to have prior experience working with DPDK and multicore systems.
- Experience working with Ethernet/LTE/Wifi interfaces.
- Experience with packet processing algorithms.
- Working experience with NAT, IPSEC VPNs, TCP/IP, Firewall is a plus.
- Thorough understanding of performance benchmarks and ability to analyze the same.
- Strong Linux Kernel development experience will be plus.
- Deep working knowledge of L2/L3, and L4-L7 applications.
- Prior experience having built a scalable and high performance system.
- Exhibit strong skills in C.