Software Engineer -- Infrastructure & Tools
SAN MATEO OR RALEIGH-DURHAM, NCENGINEERINGFULL-TIMEAPPLY FOR THIS JOBInfrastructure Engineering is what you get when you treat building, scaling and operating an elastic infrastructure as a software engineering function. SignalFx is built on a highly distributed micro-services based backend that ingests, analyzes and stores billions of time-series metrics and events - all in real timeand our team's mission is to build solutions to help seamlessly build, scale and operate various facets of this cutting-edge platform.
The ideal candidate will design and develop software that handles automated deploying, scaling and monitoring of the SignalFx product across various cloud platforms. Things like containerization, Infrastructure as a Code, Serverless computing should get the right candidate excited.
- Responsible for designing and building infrastructure to orchestrate the SignalFx platform.
- Responsible for building self-service tools that make addition, removal and utilization of infrastructure very user-friendly and easily visible.
- Responsible for config management systems that help maintain consistency across the infrastructure.
- Design and Implement cloud usage models and best practices that allow for speed of innovation, while optimizing for cost as well.
- Responsible to deploying products into multiple environments, multiple cloud platforms and hosted solutions.
- Establish design patterns and best practices for building new product features and services.
- 3+ years of experience in an Software Engineer or related role.
- BS degrees in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Coding experience in one or more of Python, Java, Ruby, and/or Go.
- Experience in one or more of container orchestration tools like Kubernetes/DockerSwarm/Mesos.
- Hands-on experience with in deploying and operating in one or more of AWS, GCE or Azure is desired.
- Strong understanding of Unix/Linux.