Join the MathWorks Infrastructure and Architecture team and help to design and implement the next generation of tools and technologies used to build the MathWorks family of products. Typical projects include cross-platform abstraction layers, systems programming, build automation using GNU Make, Visual Studio, and/or Xcode.
- Design and develop infrastructure to prevent software build problems.
- Assist in measuring and improving our build system performance.
- Improve and evolve infrastructure for Visual Studio/Xcode project file generation.
- Participate in porting our codebase to newer compilers.
- Contribute to the development of distributed build infrastructure.
- Document work to help train and educate developers about the build system.
- A bachelor's degree and 3 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree) is required.
- Experience using GNU make
- Experience with XML
- Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio and/or Xcode
- Experience with programming and debugging scripting languages like Perl or Python
- Experience with software configuration management tools such as Perforce, Subversion, or Git
- Experience with web services
- "Toolsmith" attitude, enjoys writing utilities and automating processes to streamline development
- Comfortable with interface design and refactoring