As Software Engineer, you will enhance and operate Product Ads cloud infrastructures on Azure that include areas such as advertiser facing APIs, data pull ingestion, entities conflation, index building, image processing & feature extraction, and near real time web page crawling.
You will design, implement, experiment, and ship new business features to enhance/create existing/new ad products. You will use Machine Learning and AI to detect and improve ads quality. You will optimize code and evolve architectures to maximize performance and minimize cost. You will dive deep into data to find key insights that drive technical design and feature roadmaps. You will work directly with customers to resolve escalations and live sites.
- Bachelors' degree in computer science or a related field is required.
- 5+ years of software development experience shipping bug-free and performant code in C++, Java or C# required.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience in online advertising systems, information retrieval systems, web search systems, big data processing pipelines, database applications, large scale internet applications, and/or distributed systems required.
- Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate between diverse remote teams required.
- Masters' degree is strongly preferred.
- Strong understanding of OOD, data structure, algorithm, big data processing, data streaming, information retrieval, machine learning, web crawling, document understanding and AB testing knowledge.
- Experience working with one or more of the following technologies: .NET, NoSQL, Azure, ADLA, ADF, Hadoop, Pig, Hive, Spark, HBase, Kafka, Python.
- Passion for solving complex and interesting problems.
- Fast learner and ability to independently manage and complete several tasks at once.
- Familiar with software development cycle and Agile development practice.