As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people whoshare our energy and enthusiasm for creating the bestexperiencefor job seekers.
We are a rapidly growing and highly capableengineering team building the most popular job site on the planet. Every month, over200 million people count on us to help them find jobs, publish their resumes, process their job applications, and connect them to qualified candidates for their job openings. Withengineeringhubs in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo and Hyderabad, we are improving people's lives all around the world, one job at a time.
You will build the infrastructure that ensure that our code is high quality and can survive anything. You will see your customers every day because they’ll be the developers and sysadmins working by your side. You’ll be drawing on and learning many different technical skills to build new libraries, tools, applications, services, and systems.
An outage of Indeed.com prevents millions of jobseekers from being unable to find the right job. We can’t afford any downtime. We have world class engineers doing high quality work, but that’s not enough. We want software systems to be able to put our applications and infrastructure through the paces to help us make it better.
You will help make this organization faster, better, stronger by building systems to automatically run, test, and report on our software. You will build an automated infrastructure that rapidly detects problems with our software and fixes them. You will enable us to experiment with new ideas and prototypes, and help turn those prototypes into bulletproof production software. You will provide tools and insights that help our developers build better software in less time to help keep our teams small and productive.
What do you need?
- Strong Java, Go, Python or similar programming language
- Linux system internals
- A passion for automation
- Strong networking knowledge
- Knowledge of data structures and algorithms for writing scalable, high performance software
Other desired skills and experience
- Destructive and/or chaos testing
- Web applications, ideally in Java, Python, or Go
- Shell scripting skills
- Relational databases
- NoSQL databases, ideally MongoDB
- Systems administration
- Automated provisioning, e.g. Puppet or Chef
- A degree in computer science or closely related discipline
- Monitoring production systems using tools like Nagios
- Familiarity with docker or similar systems and related automation
- System or runtime (eg. JVM) instrumentation
- Previous experience as an SRE or SDET
- AWS or similar cloud provider
- Familiarity with service oriented architectures
- DevOps experience