As an Infotainment Embedded System Software Engineer at GM, you will design and develop high quality embedded AUTOSAR software component for GM automotive products. You will execute software tasks spanning the entire software development lifecycle, including planning, requirements analysis, design, code, test, defect resolution, and production release. As a part of Infotainment Software Development group, you will have the opportunity to work on state of the art systems and designs in a rich and results-oriented team environment.
- Leads and generates technical solutions including specifying of requirements, functional decomposition, analysis, design, development and testing for Infotainment software.
- Design and develop embedded AUTOSAR and RTOS based software for automotive infotainment system.
- Perform Unit and functional level of testing before pushing to Integration.
- Own and Lead software development of certain components and anomaly corrections.
- Support root cause activities of bench/plant/vehicle level issues working with various stakeholders.
- Maintain and enhance existing software components to provide a robust and efficient fundamental for application layer.
- Generate structural and complete documentation to describe design and implementation following GM software development process.
- Engage in all regular software development activities such as architecture study, feature requirements review, test case reviews and so on to ensure that the team delivers high quality code on time.
- Collaborate with team members in software development activities using the Scrum/Agile development process.
- Provide, communicate, and support common standard methodologies among software community
- Bridge multiple subject areas, including Engineering, Information Technology, Technical Support, and Marketing, to make appropriate system-level design trade-offs and to identify, capture and refine system requirements and to identify innovation opportunities.
- Follow GM software development process where quality comes first and ensure that the designed solutions conform to architectural requirements such as scalability, maintainability, reliability, extensibility, usability and security.
Additional Job DescriptionQualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering, Software Engineering, or related degree.
- 3+ years Embedded Software Development experience
- Solid experience in designing and developing AUTOSAR/RTOS based application software
- Experience in using VECTOR/ETAS tools for AUTOSAR Development & Configuration (e.g. DaVinci)
- Excellent programming and debugging skills with C, C++, and unit test framework
- Experience with SCM tools such as: Git, Gerrit, Parasoft, Jenkins, OpenGrok
- Working knowledge of Scrum/Agile software development process
- Demonstrated analytical ability where problems are unusual and difficult
- Experience with AUTOSAR/RTOS programming and development.
- Prior experience in embedded software development in Infotainment/Body Control / Powertrain control domain
- Ability to integrate and optimize complex virtualized systems incorporating Android and RTOS components.
- Experience with Automotive Diagnostics and CAN preferred
- Experience with board bring up.
- Development experience with scripting languages such as shell and Python.