Thompson Technologies is seeking a Software Engineer (Inertial technology/Kalman Filtering) with our direct client. This is a permanent position to join an organization that is truly cutting edge with their technology. This position can be located anywhere in the United States, but preferred near an office location. A qualified candidate will have experience working with gyros, accelerometers, magnetometers, navigation equipment, sensors, etc.
- Very stable organization that is truly working with cutting edge technologies!
- Excellent benefits!
- Working with some of the best technologists out there!
- Can be located anywhere in the US and open to relocation!
What you will do:
- Work with the cross-functional teams to establish requirements and produce highly technical designs
- Develop in an Agile environment, along with implementing and testing requirements
- Continually improving the software and looking for new innovative ideas
- Mentor more junior Engineers
What is required:
- 2+ years of software development with a focus on C++, Matlab, C or Python.
- BS Degree in Geoinformatics, Control Systems or similar discipline
- Solid algorithm and mathematical background
- Professional experience working with at least one of the following: sensor fusion, inertial navigation systems, precision navigation, computer vision, Kalman filtering, SLAM, 3D modeling, etc.