The Software Engineer in Test, as a member of the Analytics team, ensures our products deliver on the promised value.
The Software Engineer in Test work closely with Product Management and the rest of the Product Development team to automate testing that guarantees the excellent quality of our Analytics products.
In this role you will:
- Build and maintain a large automated test system.
- Identify defects prior to production. Do you have a talent for breaking software?
- Execute automated tests based upon test strategy and plans.
- Write software for products and/or test tools.
- Lay the groundwork for new test development automation strategies by helping select cutting-edge technologies.
- Aid in the definition and documentation of the test strategy, approach, and plan.
- Document test results and compile metrics for further analysis.
- Ensure the business, technical and functional requirements are being met throughout the Software Development Lifecycle.
What you bring to the team
We’re looking for smart, curious, engaged engineers who can build and test great software
- College Diploma, Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Experience with PostgreSQL
- Experience with Ruby on Rails
- An entrepreneurial spirit and an inquisitive mind
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Willingness and ability to learn new technologies
- Strong aptitude for solving problems independently
- Solid grounding in computer science and software engineering concepts and best practices
- Solid understanding of modern software design and unit/system testing
- Understanding of networking concepts (sockets, TCP/IP, etc)
- Ability to develop maintainable, production-quality code
Nice to have
- An understanding of distributed systems
- Understanding of technologies like Elasticsearch and NoSQL databases such as Cassandra
- Experience with Python or similar programming language
- Experience with container technologies such as Docker
- Understanding of version control systems. We use Git here, but others will help you understand the concepts.
- Experience with Mac OS X and/or some flavour of Linux, because that’s what we mostly work with
- Knowledge of healthcare standards: IHE, DICOM and HL7