The Solutionreach Engineering team is looking for a Software Engineer in Test to join their growing team to help take the quality of Solutionreach system to the next level!
As a Software Engineer in Test, you will work closely with developers and product owners to define test plans and strategies for testing new products and weekly software releases. The focus of the Software Engineer in Test will be primarily on complex integration tests with some focus on performance, and load tests. You will spend most of your time writing automated tests and you will utilize off-the-shelf tools and build new tools when needed to find creative and efficient ways to push the limits of the software. The candidate will need to become an expert in the SolutionReach SaaS patient relationship management system. The ideal candidate will have a passion for delivering a high-quality customer experience.
Duties and responsibilities
- Define testing strategy and write test plans for new/changed features.
- Identify tests cases that are good candidates for automation and write the automation.
- Help drive education and implementation software testing best practices across the Quality Engineering team.
- Review new test cases as well as existing tests to ensure they are relevant and up to date.
- Mentor junior Quality Engineers
- Define, track, and report on metrics for test coverage and test progress.
- Write performance and load tests for web-based systems, analyze/understand the results, and communicate the results, implications, and suggested improvements to all levels within engineering.
- Perform root cause analysis / diagnosis of issues that occur on testing and production systems.
- Presenting test status to development directors, Product Managers and executives.
- Test case creation and hands-on testing of more complex features.
- The ideal candidate must be a self-starter, results-oriented individual with solid technical skills, excellent communication skills, a super strong commitment to customer success, and passion for providing world-class service to customers.
- 3+ years experience in software testing role with at least 1-2 focused on performance, ideally in cloud services
- Abiliity to investigate and troubleshoot difficult technical problems across the entire technology stack.
- Experience writing test automation using various languages.
- Experience in creating and analyzing performance tests for web-based software and APIs.
- Experience with tools such as Selenium and JMeter
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- Understanding of Agile Methodology and other software development methodologies
- Experience working in SaaS environments is a must
- Strong organizational and problem solving abilities.
- Software development experience, ideally with Java.
- System Admin experience with Linux is a plus.