About The Role
This is a highly technical position for a Senior Software Engineer in Test with experience in functional, performance, reliability, automated and system integration testing across a variety of platforms. Primary responsibilities will include building automation frameworks, fully automating test plans and test cases, continuous integration and mentoring junior members of the team. This individual should thrive on being self-driven to execute tasks with limited supervision.
By joining SoFi, you’ll become part of a forward-thinking company that is transforming financial services. Ranked as one of the fastest growing fin tech companies, we look forward to having strong talents joining our team. We offer theexcitement of a rapidly growing startup with a strong leadership team.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in depth black box and white box testing
- Minimum of 3 years of experience writing test automation preferably using Python and/or Java
- B.S. Degree or higher (CS, EE, Math, Information Technology or other technical area preferred)
- Previous programming experience with C++, C#, Java, Python, Ruby, or other OO languages required and demonstrated experience writing production quality code
- Strong SQL skills and demonstrated experience with Non SQL databases?
- Experience testing web APIs (Specifically REST and SOAP)
- Previous automation experience with frameworks such as Selenium, Webdriver, WatiN, and/or WatiR required
- Demonstrated ability to build test automation frameworks and automated test cases with tangible business results
- Demonstrated experience writing test plans and test cases and have a quality mindset
- Experience with agile development methodologies such as Scrum and Kansan
- Strong knowledge of Windows, Linux/Unix, and Mac OS X
- Strong attention to detail
- Passionate in engineering and influencing product quality
- Superior written and verbal skills
- Self-motivated with good decision-making abilities
- Strong logical & problem solving skills
- Advanced knowledge of Java and Python
- Database configuration, administration and design
- Previous experience with performance, load and reliability testing
- Previous experience with traffic shaping tools like Dummy Net, Shunra, Charles or other similar tools.
- System Administration skills for setting up and maintaining development, testing and staging environments.
- Prior experience building or testing applications using document based databases such as MongoDB
- Experience with continuous integration (e.g. Hudson/Jenkins, Git, SVN, Maven, Gradle, Bamboo, or other similar tools.
Personal Attributes of the Ideal Candidate Include
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced growing company.
- Ability to drive a project from inception to completion.
- Enthusiasm for solving challenging problems.
- Team attitude: a willingness to roll up your sleeves, work with others and get stuff done.
- Catered lunches or the equivalent for employees who work in a SoFi office, a fully stocked kitchen, and subsidized gym membership.
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses.
- A flexible vacation policy allows you to truly relax and reboot.
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, and life insurance as well as disability benefits.
- 100% of health, vision, and dental premiums paid by SoFI for employees and their dependents.
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning.
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs, up to $5,250 a year.
- Monthly contribution to help you pay off your student loans.