At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat Quality Engineering team is looking for a software Software Engineer in Test to join us in Raleigh, NC. In this role, you will join an international team of software engineers immersed in the latest technology within the Linux domain. You'll primarily focus on validating the CloudForms Management Engine solution, which is based on the upstream ManageIQ project, a hybrid-cloud virtualization manager. You will be responsible for evaluating Red Hat CloudForms functionality, extending our existing test automation framework, and implementing new open source tools to verify the quality of Red Hat solutions.
Primary job responsibilities
- Participate in the test planning and product planning processes
- Develop test cases and maintain a thorough understanding of product functionality
- Develop tests using automation infrastructure and available scriptinglanguages
- Deliver clear status for testing areas in a timely manner
- Write clear and accurate bug reports
- Professional experience with Linux or UNIX systems
- Active scripting and programming skills using Python and Bash
- Familiarity with virtualization and cloud computing technologies
- Experience with continuous integration and developing automated tests is a plus
- Exposure to open source software development methodologies is an advantage.