What you will do:
- Collaborate with the development team to understand the partner ecosystem and be part of the design review process for new EcoAdapters to connect to clouds such as Google Home, Amazon Alexa, IFTTT and others.
- Participate in development of use cases and work quickly to understand the functionality of 3rd party APIs
- Create test automation in Robot Framework, Mocha, Chai that will perform Unit and Acceptance Level testing that kicks off the development process (Test Driven Development).
- Take ownership of the use cases that need to be tested and build the automation necessary to verify it.
- Review 3rd party documentation (Partners, RFCs, etc) to make sure functionality is understood.
What you need:
- Passion for testing and automation, who likes to work within small teams in a fast-paced environment.
- Eager to apply your software expertise building test automation around EC2 and Lambda based microservices
- Experience with Node.js and Python plus relevant tools to edit and debug.
- Experience developing test automation frameworks and test plans.
- Methodical with development and take pride in what you create.
- Timely deliver high quality code and willing to figure things out.
- Innate sense of curiosity and willingness to investigate issues.
- Familiar with Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Solid understanding of OS fundamentals and Linux internals.
- Have used Git (Bitbucket, Gitlab, or GitHub) for source control, in the past.
- Understand RESTful API design concepts, CRUD, JSON formatting.
- Hands on Experience with Cassandra, Redis, Docker, Postman, or Kafka / Zookeeper
- 5+ years of software development and test experience.
- Startup & Agile development experience.
- Love Slack and using Bots to automate tasks.