The Software Engineer in Test - Phased Array Processing is responsible for developing automated test suites and conducting hands-on testing of MathWorks tools that help design and simulate various radar systems. He/She will participate in projects from their early design stages and play a critical role in driving them to final product release.
As an individual contributor on the Quality Engineering team, this person will provide strong technical direction to the testing of products and new examples in Phased Array and Radar Signal Processing area. Specific tasks include:
- Participating in design reviews and code reviews
- Developing Test procedures for new features
- Developing & executing automated test suites using MATLAB and Simulink as well as other automation tools
- Developing & executing interactive/manual tests
- Reporting bugs and verifying fixes
- Performing final product validation
As a member of the Quality Engineering department, this person will work closely with Engineering, Documentation, Program Management and Technical Support departments.
- A bachelor's degree and 3 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree) is required.
- Knowledge of signal processing
- M.S. in EE with area focus on radar signal processing
- Knowledge of array processing theory and applications
- Experience in modeling/testing of radar or sonar system
- 2+ years of programming experience in MATLAB
- Experience with Software Development or Quality Engineering
- Knowledge of RF Propagation
- Knowledge of Fixed Point Signal Processing
- Knowledge of PC and UNIX environments