Open Dealer Exchange (ODE), an affiliate of Reynolds and Reynolds, is searching for a highly motivated Software Engineer in Test III to join our team in Farmington Hills, Michigan. In this role, you will be focused on functional and integration testing using both manual and automated testing techniques throughout the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC). You will be motivated to work with business analysts and developers to ensure all requirement related deliverables are clearly understood and necessary testing is completed to ensure such requirements were met. Ideal candidates will have a keen analytical mindset and the ability to identify and create new solutions that improve the quality and speed of our testing process.
· Review internal processes, procedures, methodologies, standards and work with IT management to ensure processes are repeatable and efficient.
· Review existing company technical documentation to ensure consistent professional results that can be utilized by other team members.
· Determine how to best test for new product and system features (manual and automated), as well as automation for regression tests.
· Track testing status and results and provide data reporting on defect/bugs, automation efficiencies and other significant indicators.
· Collaborate with the team to translate business requirements and functional specifications into test plans, test scripts and drive for high quality software practices.
· Design, implement and execute test plans and test cases in accordance with best practices and techniques and prepare test results for various test methods including black box, white box, stress/load, data integrity, security and automation
· Mentor less experienced team members
· Bachelors in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
· 7 years working in Quality Assurance and Software Development with experience in manual testing as well as automated testing of web applications and web services
· Experience reading and comprehending .NET, JAVA, or other transferrable object oriented languages
· Experience reading and writing SQL queries
· Experience in software development lifecycle including defect resolution process strongly preferred
· SoapUI to test back-end distributed applications
· Testing software technologies and standards such as SOAP and REST based web services
· Experience with Selenium WebDriver using JAVA to test front-end web based applications
· Ability to write code for automated web testing tools, services and frameworks
· Candidates must have proven analytical ability and strong written and verbal communication skills
Valid through: 6/14/2021