At 23andMe you will join a talented, ambitious engineering team that is creating truly novel technologies and products that will change the way people see themselves and the world. We are seeking experienced software engineers to lead our application's software testing efforts and help us scale our software team.
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What you’ll do
- Help us scale our development team by identifying tools to improve our QA and development efforts
- Work with other engineers to develop and execute test plans
- Support and extend existing validation frameworks
- Design, research and implement code analysis, complexity analysis and validation tools
- Read and understand application code, identify areas of weakness
- Identify bugs in new and existing code, determine root causes, and suggest possible bug fixes
What you’ll bring
- Working knowledge of Python and/or significant exposure to different programming languages and paradigms
- Ability to work with minimal supervision to achieve your goals
- Excellent ability to create test plans, intuitive understanding of where and how software will fail
- Experience with LAMP stack web application development a plus
- Experience with Jenkins a plus