Ariba, an SAP Company makes business commerce as easy as consumer commerce. Every day, we help our customer find opportunities to cut costs, reduce risk, and grow revenue through better collaboration with trading partners. We enable the collaboration through the Ariba Network – a cloud-based community where you will find buying, selling, and managing cash to be as easy as using Amazon, eBay, and PayPal. We also host other online communities where business commerce professionals network and share information and best practices, just like friends on Facebook.
Job Description Overview
Individual contributor who drives innovative testing solutions that meet market needs with respect to quality, performance, scalability and reliability. The candidate for this position will be a key member of the QA team leading design, execution and automation in tests.
As a software engineer, you have the opportunity to accelerate the innovation and delivery of the Ariba products. You will collaborate with designers, product managers, and other engineers to expand the Ariba Cloud to cover every corner of the globe. You will have the opportunity to work on internet scale level problems and complex business problems. You will work with Java, HANA, Hadoop, and Ariba Cloud technologies. To succeed in this position you must be incredibly smart, passionate about the user experience and be very results-oriented to get things done.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze and decompose a complicated software system and design a strategy to test this system
- Design and implement Test plans that include unit, functional, regression, system and integration tests
- Execute complex manual and automated test cases
- Create and maintain test scripts
- Build innovative automation systems to facilitate both function and performance testing
- Build tools to generate customer like data in test systems.
- Work with development and test teams to build advanced automated test suites to exercise our world-class applications
- Research new emerging tools and enhance existing automated test systems.
- Participate in architecture discussions
- Represent the team and help manage the team's deliverables/commitments.
- Review software specifications & design and develop test plans/strategies for various software
- Work closely with operations group, system and DB administrators to coordinate needed resources and facilitate requests made by the QA team.
- Minimum of 3 years of working experience of application development/application QA for web applications is required.
- Must have strong Java skills.
- Must have experience in QA testing/methodology
- Strong knowledge of Oracle / JVM / OS (Linux/Solaris/AIX)
- Must have extensive experience working in UNIX based environments.
- Proven technical achievement as an individual contributor
- Excellent automation skills with Java, Junit, TestNG, Jenkins and Selenium
- Working knowledge of testing scalable web-serves based on REST/XML/JSON
- Experience with automating tests (api, library, backend and UI) and frameworks for web, mobile or services platforms
- Good in Database concepts and hands on experience with PL/SQL
- Experience in testing SaaS (Software as a service) On-Demand enterprise solutions
- Experience in Unix/Linux environment
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and ability to communicate detailed technical analysis.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
Requisition ID: 145777