Rev is the largest and most popular voice-to-text service in the world with more than 170,000 customers globally. Recognized widely as the most accurate and fastest service of its kind, Rev helps anyone capture insights from voice, connect with audiences and turbocharge productivity. Powered by a large and vibrant community of freelancers, Rev uses artificial intelligence tools to turn speech into text at unparalleled low cost. The company is obsessed with making the power of voice accessible to everyone, all while creating fulfilling work-from-home jobs.
About the Position
Rev is growing!
Rev is looking for an experienced Software Engineer in Test to join our team. You will be expected to develop and lead a team of engineers to help shape the future of testing at Rev. This team is currently small, so you will be on the ground floor helping to shape the future of testing and its relationship with our engineering teams.
- Be responsible for decisions that have direct impact on the long-term success or failure of their team
- Lead implementation effort for automation tools
- Manage the backlog of large efforts, structuring work to deliver value, and learn as early as possible
- Identify and proposes strategies around technical problems affecting their team
- Continuously improve frameworks through refactoring, evaluating potential libraries, etc...
- Be a mentor and resource for team members
- Support and educate engineering teams interacting with testing frameworks
- Communicate effectively with all stakeholders
- Possess a solid knowledge of QA methodologies and tools
- Have knowledge and experience with the latest and greatest test frameworks for automation
- Believe that design patterns belong in test code
- Consider test code as part of the source code
- Have enterprise level experience using Selenium WebDriver using Java (or other bindings)
- Have been a mentor to team members
- Thrive working in startup environments and cultures
- Have a proven track record of creating, writing and running a variety of tests
- Can spot flaws and inconsistencies
- Are detail-oriented and have the ability to analyze complicated data sets
- A strong propensity for research and investigation
- Health Insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Dental & Vision Insurance through Guardian
- Responsible PTO
- Stock Options (5 yr vest)
- $1000 yearly training, education, and workshop budget
- Commuter benefits - Pretax commuter account for parking and public transportation
- 4 week paid sabbatical after 5 years
- 8 weeks of Parental Bonding
- AND you get to work with a great team