American Specialty Health, Inc. is seeking a Software Engineer in Test I to join our growing organization. We are looking for creative and analytical problem-solvers to join one of our growing Consumer Technology teams and help us continue to improve our products and processes so that our members and customers can reach their goals.
As a company that heavily relies on cutting-edge IT operations to serve its members, ASH is seeking ambitious individuals with a strong team mentality and a genuine passion for software engineering. Join a company where programming design and quality is expected, appreciated, and nurtured.
- Assists in design, development, maintenance, and troubleshooting of software applications and test tools.
- Performs routine automation assignments with minimum Manager's supervision.
- Develops an understanding of assigned automation tools, standards and techniques, and general business knowledge.
- Demonstrates understanding of departmental procedures, programming standards, and all pertinent training materials.
- Design and develop White-box testing of applications.
- Assist in providing time estimates of assigned tasks and compare estimates to actual time spent in order to improve estimating accuracy.
- Recommends possible improvements in applications.
- Performs code reviews.
- Communicate directly with product owner and end users.
- Participates in the training or development of others, as directed.
- Maintains familiarity with and uses department methodology as appropriate.
- Monitors and ensures automated processes run as expected. Responsible for remediation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in an IT or computer or technical related field or equivalent experience required. If equivalent experience, high school diploma required.
- Minimum 2 years software test automation experience, including object-oriented development, working with relational databases and writing SQL queries or stored procedures.
- Experience with software quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Experience with relational database design, writing queries and stored procedures with MySQL or Microsoft SQL.
- Experience with development and consumption of web services preferred.
- Experience with XSLT, XML, JSON.
- HTTP, C#, SQL experience.
- Experience with software design patterns.
- Experience with Selenium WebDriver or working with Web Services and APIs.
- Experience with Microsoft technologies such as Dynamics CRM, ASP.Net, VB.Net, C#, SQL is a plus but not required.