- Developing, maintaining, and extending simulation infrastructure code for proprietary biological modeling software platform
- Assist scientific programmers, data scientists, and mathematical modelers in designing and implementing software solutions for scientific computation problems
- Working with scientific user-base and architects to solicit new features and improve users’ workflow
- Analyzing algorithm performance and optimizing code for computational efficiency
- Responsible for all aspects of software process: design, prototyping, debugging, testing, etc.
- Helping end-users troubleshoot problems
- Contributing to documentation
- Periodically assisting with small-scale system administration / IT tasks
- Minimum of BS in Computer Science.
- Strong background in algorithms, data structures, and software engineering principles is essential.
- Commitment to writing elegant, reliable, robust software is essential.
- Proficient programming skills in at least one of the following: Python or C++. Proficiency in Java is desirable but not required.
- Solid object-oriented design skills, testing and debugging skills are required.
- Strong background and interest in mathematics is desirable.
- Eagerness to work in a team-oriented, small company environment