What you'll do at Position Summary... What you'll do...
This position, Software Engineer III
, will be on the Walmart Labs Supply Chain Outbound team, focused on building Walmart's best in class Supply Chain!You'll really wow us if...
You'll make an impact by...
- You have experience leading a small technical team
- You love to learn new tech and find applications to solve current or future problems
- You can effectively communicate to your technical team, stakeholders, and leadership
- You have exposure to Supply Chain systems with awareness of Supply Chain trends
- You have proven success in delivering scalable cloud applications
Preferred Qualifications for the Role:
- Translating requirements into technical tasks
- Challenging the status quo to enable delivering value even sooner to our customers
- Collaborating with business stakeholders to deliver the right solution
- Encouraging best practices across our organization to enable other teams to succeed or accelerate their delivery
About The Team
- Capability to develop small MVP projects in a variety of languages
- Ability to deliver in Agile method (Kanban or SCRUM)
- Experience developing and consuming ReST APIs
- Experience developing containerized cloud applications
- Experience working with RDBMS (Informix, MariaDB, Oracle)
- Experience working in a large micro service environment
Working on Supply Chain Outbound at Walmart Labs, you will...
About Global Tech
- Work with small teams of talented engineers to build a best-in-class Supply Chain systems
- Solve difficult business problems using the latest and greatest technology innovating the future of Supply Chain at Walmart
- Be given the freedom to try new things and prove the value of your own ideas and innovations and own them all the way to production
- Participate in internal hackathons and innovation challenges!
- Develop new capabilities, participate in designing solutions, and expand your Supply Chain knowledge
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That's what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We're a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world's largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human-led is our true disruption.We're virtual
Working virtually this year has helped us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more flexible in our personal lives and spend less time commuting. Today, we are reimagining the tech workplace of the future by making a permanent transition to virtual work for most of our team. Of course, being together in person is an important part of our culture and shared success. We'll collaborate in person at a regular cadence and with purpose. Minimum Qualifications...
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 2 years' experience in software engineering or related field OR 4 years' experience in software engineering or related field. Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Masters: Computer Science Primary Location...
805 SE MOBERLY LN, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America About Walmart
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make, from responsible sourcing to sustainability-and everything in between. As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in shaping the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance and hundreds of other industries-all while affecting the lives of millions of customers all over the world. Here, your work makes an impact every day. What are you waiting for?
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity - unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions - while being inclusive of all people. Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum-NWA has something for everyone.