Position at ProAg
Grow with Confidence, Grow with Us
ProAg has an exciting opportunity for a Software Engineer III to join our team in our Maple Grove, MN office. We are looking for individuals who want to embrace the advantages of technology and dedicate importance to ensure our software packages are the easiest and most efficient in the industry. Bring your passion for innovation to an Agile environment to help serve quality software products to our farmers, agents, and re-insurers.
As a Software Engineer III, you will be the engineering lead of a team. You will primarily work with your team and external teams to solve challenging problems, communicate status to stakeholders, implement process changes and research new technologies. You will be the primary contact when working with other teams.
Reporting to the Software Development Manager, you will rely on your broad experience and leadership skills to plan your team’s upcoming work in collaboration with a lead engineer and mentoring less experienced engineers. Your role is critical in keeping the team focused and moving at a sustainable pace.
- Lead the development team to ensure that software products deliver business value, are completed on time, are of high quality, and minimize technical debt.
- Lead the coding efforts within a project team while clearly communication actionable information to the team.
- Establish and uphold firm expectations and ensure that deliverables are self-certified prior to transitioning to the downstream consumers of the deliverable.
- Participate in the assessment and identification of project and/or business risks.
- Participate in Software Development, team, or individual meetings with management, preparing discussion topics and presenting information in a professional manner.
The ideal candidate for the Software Engineer III position will have demonstrated success in the primary areas of focus and responsibility.
- Experience – Ideally, the successful candidate will have:
- Five years of relevant and progressive professional experience in software development and developing .NET technology solutions.
- Educational Requirement-
- The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or a related field, or the equivalent education and/or experience.
- Experience in developing hosted web-based software solutions, developing Unit and Integration Tests, software requirements assessment/implementation, continuous integration builds, automated deployment process, and code check-in processes.
- Practical knowledge and experience in all phases of development.
- Ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical addresses.
- Motivated and focused on delivering quality results in a team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with an emphasis on confidentiality, tact, and diplomacy.
- Knowledgeable of industry changes, legal updates, and technical developments related to the applicable area of the Company’s business to proactively respond to changing business environment.
ProAg Core Values:
- Ensures Accountability. Takes personal responsibility and ownership of successes and challenges
- Communicates Effectively. Actively seeks out and communicates with key stakeholders in all situations
- Determines how to meet customer and employee needs and finds the resources to get it done
- Customer Focus. Every interaction is a customer and is handled with empathy and seriousness
- Instills Trust. Makes intentions clear and meets shared challenges together, showing respect for the relationship and the team
While our nation weathers economic storms, ProAg, a member of the Tokio Marine HCC group of companies, is positioned as a financially strong and well-capitalized insurer. We’re known for our quick response and fast, accurate claims settlement. We understand how important this is because many of us are farmers and ranchers ourselves. With more than 90 years of service to our agents & insureds, we stand committed to continuing the principles that ProAg was founded on: Integrity, Loyalty and Customer Service.