Software Engineer III
5 - 7 years experience • Professional, Scientific & Technical Services
The Software Engineer III is responsible for coding and testing of all modules and applications that are part of the TeleTracking Platform. This position will push the envelope to deliver highly automated and intelligent solutions that are redefining what is possible for TeleTracking clients. This role is also seen as a mentor and educator to apprentice/journeyman engineering positions throughout the development and quality assurance team.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES
- Writing, debugging, unit testing and performance test code in all applications layers, including front end (Web), middle layer (Web Services), and data access layers in accordance with TeleTracking standards.
- As an agile team member, lead and conduct code reviews, design reviews, etc.
- Utilize domain driven techniques and design patterns to build and contribute to technical design.
- Develop and maintain strong knowledge of implemented requirements and detailed application behaviors. See as the subject matter expert.
- Assists in the development and training of Software Engineers I and II.
- Bachelor's in Computer Information Technology, Computer Science, Management Systems or related discipline.
- Master's Degree preferred
- 5+ years’ experience in all areas of application development including at least three years using Microsoft.NET and SQL technologies building commercial grade applications.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with n-tier, enterprise-scalable, distributed application environments.
- Experience with source code version control and the coordination/synchronization of multiple active branches.
- Experience incorporating third party components and frameworks.
- Familiarity and experience executing several software development methodologies and life cycles.
- Expert level skills in .NET Framework (C#), ASP.NET WEB API, Entity framework, WCF Web Services, MS SQL.
- Strong understanding of Object Oriented design (classes, constructors, interfaces, properties, methods and events).
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to work with end users to transform requests into robust solutions.