Reporting to the Senior Manager of Engineering, the Software Engineer III (Senior UI Front-End) is responsible for providing the user interface technology for our customers. This role will work with other UI/UX engineers, product, design teams, as well as back-end engineers to deliver a seamless and elegant user experience.
- Act as a primary driver in the development of an engaging user experience using modern approaches to web development.
- Help establish, reinforce, and periodically evaluate coding standards and code quality.
- Engage in constant knowledge sharing with others on the team, across teams, across communities of practice, and across products.
- Coordinate planning efforts and assess technical feasibility of solutions and design proposals.
- As an effective communicator, work collaboratively and constructively with others in the team and broader organization.
- Coordinate with back-end platform and API teams to integrate with existing and future APIs.
- Other duties as assigned.
The above statements are neither intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be a listing of all of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job. This job description is not a contract of employment, either express or implied. Employment with Cofense will be voluntarily entered into and your employment is considered at will. Cofense reserves the right to alter the job description at any time without notice.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Proficient in HTML and CSS with knowledge of web standards, advanced layouts, accessibility, and responsive design.
- Comfortable with build tools, template languages, and pre-processors.
- An understanding of HTTP and RESTful API design.
- Ability to maintain a test-centric approach to development to ensure code quality and ease of maintenance.
- Excellent understanding of browser security and performance.
- Comfortable at the command line and with utilizing Git commands.
- Passionate about user experience, building modern interfaces, and collaborating closely with Product Designers.
- Constant desire and eagerness to further develop your skillset.
- Ability to mentor other developers across the company, identify process issues, and propose changes to ensure the team is working as efficiently as possible.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- At least 7 years of professional experience in software engineering.
- Experience with Vue.js required.
- Experience with TypeScript required.
- Experience writing and maintaining clear, consistent documentation to support your code design.
- Experience with cross-browser compatibility and relevant shims, fallbacks, and polyfills.