The Sears Home Services ServiceLive team is seeking an experienced Full Stack Lead Developerwith a strong engineering background,experience and passion for managing our enterprise web applications using RESTful web services to support our various web andmobile applications at large scale. If you're a highly skilled,experienced software engineer and obsessed with contributing to the development of high-performance global teams through rigorous goal-setting, disciplined attention to performance and continuous process improvement, then wewant you to come join us.
- You will be a key engineer creating solutions for a premier platform that will be used by millions of customers.
- You will develop, architect and support end to end solutions and back-end services that integrate with many different systems calling these services from within and outside of our immediate ecosystem including 3rd party vendors as well as other systems within Sears.
- You have a breadth of knowledge and experience in developing and supporting back-end services with a strong focus on Agile delivery, test driven development, continuous integration and performance / load test output and analysis and remediation.
- You develop with focus of support in mind with logging and graphing of service and server performance as part of delivery of code.
- You should have a deep technical understanding of back-end service technologies, tools and architectures and know how to troubleshoot functional, technical, performance and architecture issues with a passion for results.
- You should have the willingness to learn new technologies on the go.
- You will be working in a highly collaborative environment that values speed and quality, with a strong desire to drive change as we continue on our Agile transformational journey.
- Designing and developing highly scalable and highly available enterprise solutions
- Incorporating leading edge technology into our software products
- Working effectively with Agile methodologies (Scrum, Lean Startup, XP) and cross-functional teams (Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Developers, Designers, Business Analysts) and collaborating with global development teams
- Experience on JBoss Wildfly configuration and have worked on migration projects.
- Experience integrating with cloud-hosted, responsive, mobile and web applications
- Developing in a strong test driven development approach with continuous integration (Jenkins, etc.) with a passion for perfection
- Building support and monitoring graphs (Graphite, New Relic, etc.)
- Reviews and influences overall architecturedesign and tools
- Reviews and influences multi-API integrations to achieve extremely fast page load times on desktop and mobile web devices for an optimal user experience
- Strong contributor to the output of a small technical team
- Leads code reviews to ensure functional performance specifications are met and engineering standards are followed
- Mentors other software engineers
- Creates self-documenting designs and/or clearly communicates intent via comments in code, on specifications, in as-built documentation and during code reviews
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, a related technical or scientific field, or equivalent experience
- 5-10 years of related experience
- Previous experience as a lead software engineer
- Proficiency with full stack development, preferably in Java.
- Proficiency using Java frameworks, J2EE, Spring, Hibernate/iBatis, Struts 2, MySQL.
- Experience with client-side frameworks, preferably Angular or React (Backbone, Knockout, Spine, or similar modern JS frameworks accepted)
- Familiarity with JBoss ESB, JBoss JBPM technologies.
- Proficiency in responsive design and development
- Strong knowledge of OO design including extensive utilization of design patterns.
- Ability to mentor and recruit junior developers & enforce good development practices
- Hands-on, professional experience with consuming and building RESTful web-services.
- Experience with git, continuous integration, and deployments using Jenkins
- A knack for writing, clean, readable, maintainable code (with Tests!)
- Experience in working in an agile development environment
- Like learning new technology, patterns, methodologies, domains of knowledge
- Have the ability to solve problems, put the customer first, work independently with limited oversight and communicate clearly
- Participation through completion of multiple releases of a complex software project
- Analysis, design, coding and implementation of large-scale applications
- Solid knowledge of algorithms, data structures and complexity theory.
Req/Job ID: 919116BR