Interested in helping shift a whole company to an obsessively customer centric experience? Want to help every product and service in a company delight customers with their engagement? Want the excitement and fast pace of a company that is growing, and an opportunity to work with state-of-the art hardware, software, microservice architectures, cloud technologies and mobile services? We are building a new team, designed to oversee and collaboratively drive our common User Experience Design, responsible for ensuring consistency, ease of use, reusability, speed to market and brand recognition of all F5 products and services. Come be a part of F5's transformation and acceleration.
We are looking for an experienced, Full Stack Software Engineer who will help unify the design, development and implementation of the design system across F5 products and services. You will help develop and extend a unified design system for all F5 products/services. You will work with a federated team of developers across the company to support our development teams' use the new design system for their user experience. You will participate on multi-functional design projects, serving as organizational spokesperson on advanced projects/programs. Often knowledge is self-taught as formal training in emerging technologies may not exist. You will build formal technology proposals and get appropriate consensus to productize it. You will be a coach, mentor, mentee and constant learner on all the various aspects of user experience for all product and services in the F5 portfolio.
- Design and implement the F5 design system that encompasses all F5 products and services as a leader in a federated group of developers across the company
- Design, develop and deliver front-end and back-end features having reusable components with cross-browser and device compatibility, accessibility and search-engine optimization.
- Document software designs via functional specifications and other design documents
- Work with SCRUM teams and Product Management to refine requirements, understand how we will meet the broader properties of the system and help design efficient, flexible, highly scalable and extensible services
- Apply design principals consistently and holistically to enable target end-to-end usage scenarios
- Drive critical component design decisions across working teams
- Collaborate and innovate with Product, Design and other engineering teams to deliver a seamless, consistent and engaging user experience for F5 clients.
Knowledge and Skills
- Experience with framework, object-oriented design, coding, testing patterns, and programming languages such as Node.js Express, TypeScript and D3.js.
- Experience and knowledge of test libraries like Jest and Pupperter to write unit and end to end tests for the client single page application as well as component library.
- Knowledge of popular build tools and libraries such as Webpack, Babel and underscore.js.
- Knowledge of various datastore technologies including SQL relational databases and NoSQL data stores is a plus.
- Participate in lean and agile development process in a test and monitoring driven environment, from planning, scoping, estimation all the way to optimization, maintenance and support.
- Experience in TDD and excellent troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good team player, able to effectively work across multiple teams on solutions that have complex dependencies and requirements in a fast-paced environment.
- Typically requires 5 plus years of related experience and a bachelor's degree in computer science or related field.