Business Unit Summary
As part of the Information Technology organization, this Software Engineering team is responsible for the front end development of the HSN.com website and other Digital experiences. This position is for an advanced Software Engineer / Web Developer who plays an active role in the lifecycle stages of planning, requirement definition, design, development, testing and support, and utilizing complex logic. This Software Engineer works on and regularly leads projects. He or she mentors other developers during the software lifecycle stages, coordinates assignments, and continuously learns about the business.
A Day in the Life
- Perform Software Design and Develop for intermediate and large projects.
- Formulate/define technical specifications.
- Develop or modify custom web pages/applications to meet distinct and changing business requirements.
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle (SDLC) for both new development and enhancement projects.
- Function within a SCRUM team and participate in planning, analysis, design, development, testing, production rollout, bug fixes, and enhancements.
- Support the QA group in developing test plans, test scripts, and preparing for production releases.
- Provide post-implementation and on-going production support as an on-call programmer; support and troubleshoot complex production problems.
Keys to Success
At HSN, if you are Agile, Innovative, Pioneering, Dynamic, Boundaryless, Passionate, Customer-Centric, Collaborative, and Results-Focused, you will love it here!
Candidates must demonstrate a collaborative working style, and excellent written and interpersonal skills to support interaction with internal customers, team members, and internal management. Must have the ability to work in a fast paced / dynamic team environment and possess time management skills to meet schedules.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline, or equivalent technical experience.
- At least 4 years of Software Development experience
- Strong Microsoft-centric web development skills: IIS , ASP.NET , MVC , C# , Web API
- Understanding of the software development lifecycle ( SDLC )
- SQL development skills
- In-depth knowledge of Internet protocols and applications
- Expertise in the development of multi-platform, multi-threaded, distributed applications
- Deep understanding of Object-Oriented programming, and MVC application architecture
- Commitment to producing top quality, well designed and flexible custom applications
- Strong programming ability, with great attention to detail and design as well as a passion for producing efficient and elegant code
- Solid understanding of user interface/experience design principals and a passion for constant improvement
- Desire to learn and use new technologies
(Candidates will be considered in totality of their skills and experience versus strict interpretation of “must haves.”)
Nice to Haves
- Agile SCRUM and test-driven development experience
- 24/7 E-Commerce experience
- Knowledge of and/or experience with ReactJS , Redux , and GraphQL
- Knowledge of Java
- Knowledge of the Spring Framewrok