Job Specific Information
This position will work primarily on large scale FedEx Freight level initiatives to:
- Under limited supervision, analyze and develop system requirements, program specifications and code/unit test to meet business requirements/specifications for large projects.
- Develop or contribute to deliverables for additional levels of testing and support test execution including system level and integration tests.
- Frequently leads large projects.
- Resolve production problems of medium to high complexity.
- Mentors less Sr. positions.
- Work closely with counterparts in Product Management to align on the vision, program backlog, and roadmap.
- Actively participate in retrospective discussions to help continuously improve our methods.
- Identify and assess acceptance criteria on use cases affecting FedEx Freight software applications
- Contribute to team designs, specifications, and code reviews
- Contribute to a culture of continuous improvement and operational excellence by identifying and implementing process improvements where appropriate
- Excellent organizational skills with a willingness to adapt to different tools or processes as situation change.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail and ability to suggest improvements or alternatives when warranted.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize deliverables.
- Ability to focus on customer needs, their critical business cycles and schedules.
- Experience with HP Conexus AGM.
- Knowledge/understanding of SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework) best practices.
- Knowledge/understanding of Agile practices including SCRUM and Kanban.
- Experience in Object Oriented Programming, Java/J2EE, JMS, SQL, Oracle, Weblogic, Web Services, Apache
- Experience with Responsive Web Design, HTML5, CSS3, AngularJS, RESTful Web Services, JSON, Junit
- Experience with development frameworks and tools such as Spring RestTemplate, Hibernate, JSF
- Knowledge of SAFe/Agile software development, principles and methodology
- Ability to translate technical information into understandable terms targeting a variety of audiences
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment and function as a technical resource
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines and changing priorities
- Strong negotiation skills with the ability to find successful resolutions for moderate to complex issues
- UNIX / Linux
Requisition ID: B8184--Software-Engineer-III_RC11484-1