The DevOps Engineer III automates software deployment processes by releasing incremental updates and developing automation tools. Improve communication and collaboration to enable rapid product development by serving as the liaison between the development and operations teams. Increase customer experience by monitoring application performance and proactively correcting operational issues. Create more stable operating environments by continuously improving the infrastructure to be easily deployable and scalable. Maintain advanced knowledge of agile methodology, development processes, and programming languages. Responsible for the design and implementation of build, release, deployment, and configuration of applications.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 6+ years of industry experience with frequent, incremental code, testing and deployment
- Familiar with Agile methodology
- Sense of ownership
- Passion for troubleshooting and problem solving
- Advanced understanding of scriptinglanguages (PowerShell, Python, Perl)
- Visual Studio, TFS, IIS, SQL, Distributed Systems experiencedesired
- Detailed oriented, professional and possesses a positive work attitude
- Communicate professionally both verbally and in writing
- Effective time management skills
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops/builds IT solutions to meet business requirements.
- Assesses business needs in utilizing a structured requirements process. Documents and communicates business requirements and functional specifications for the implementation of solutions.
- Installs and configures solutions.
- Translates business and technical requirements into test cases, test scenarios and scripts.
- Codes and documents custom test automation frameworks.
- Reviews technical design specifications developed by junior levels and creates technical design specifications.
- Builds automated deployments using configuration management technology.
- Performs script maintenance and updates due to changes in requirements or implementations.
- Sets up and maintains test environments for both manual and automated testing.
- Deploys new modules, upgrades and fixes to the production environment.
- Develops and/or implements reusable components to be used in testing and operating environments
- All other duties as assigned